Re: [MiNT] m68000 version of Zorro's LDG codec

Le 30/09/2012 20:12, Miro Kropáček a écrit :

What would you say with "internal state"? Any example, really I not see what problem it could have. If I compare with an AES, there is same
Well, the most trivial example is ... the list of env variables inherited from parent.
Yes this is a possible problem, depend of system, ok.

Startup code of a mintlib-based LDG allocates a buffer, copies the variables, exits main() and ... deallocates it again. Another example is i/o, take printf() as example, why do you think it doesn't work? Because stdout file descriptor is closed. And so on.
Hum the descriptor is closed by the system? I not see because output stdout function of system have no descriptor, the descriptor is internal to the mintlib, this is possible if the memory allocated by Mintlib is closed by the system, in this case thats mean that Magic desalloc memory allocated by an application even if it term with ptermres() this is not a good idea and it's probaly why it need sharelib to work.

compil is difficult (in fact I'm not able you are better than me! this was not my work it's too sophisticated), so I have rewrite makefile scripts and add to be able compil for coldfire and with GCC except I'm not able to compil all the system at this time, some can compil only with PureC, this is very frustrating job it's why I not put it on SVN), but work to do something new is far more exciting (!) than adapt code or fix Makefile script (I hate!).
Actually it's not that hard/long process, if you need some help, write me an email, maybe we can work on this together.

Ok I should leave, I will send you tomorrow all my devs on ldg and we see.

Thanks

Olivier

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes