Re: [MiNT] XaAES:ALT-TAB

Helmut Karlowski píše v So 22. 08. 2009 v 08:56 +0200:
> > black cursor is GEM one, white cursor is the host one. GEM does not know
> > that it's not active on the host so it didn't hide the mouse cursor.
> > Makes sense?
>
> Sure, but I find it a little bit irritating, but not important.

Well, try out version 0.9.7beta - that one had a mouse&keyboard autograb
whenever the host mouse entered ARAnyM window. Maybe you'll find it less
irritating?

This is actually quite on-topic again: I explained in ChangeLog that
until we get a proper support from the Atari side that would
automatically reposition the GEM mouse to the position given from host
then the mouse autograb just causes too many troubles. Then I was asking
here how to position GEM mouse pointer properly and it turned out that
there is a hack to do that (appl_tplay?) but it's not implemented in
XaAES yet.

Maybe that if you helped me to implement that in XaAES then I could
return the full mouse autograb feature back to ARAnyM. That would be
just great.

> > No that's worse because then you're against using Alt+Tab in XaAES. This
>
> It's the only and easiest way to reliably switch between host and aranym.

this is far from true. In ARAnyM there is a hotkey for releasing the
mouse&keyboard grab and you can re-define it to suit your needs (even
on-the-fly at run-time). A good hotkey that doesn't interfere with Atari
hotkeys is for example right window key.

> > is actually the reason why I entered this thread. Some weird Windows
> > limitations of keyboard handler in the libSDL used by ARAnyM shouldn't
> > limit hotkeys in Atari software...
>
> Yes - maybe.

Not maybe. Unless you say that running Atari software in Windows
emulators is more important than running it on native hardware (or in
emulators running on more decent host operating systems ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Network_Computing

> >> Maybe we should continue in the more suitable mailing-list.
> >
> > join aranym-users mailing list then.
>
> I'm there since 1977 :-)

congratulations to that. I joined the list much much later! :-)

> I think there are more urgent issues than the
> Alt-TAB-thing.

It depends. Here we're in MiNT list and I would like to ensure that MS
Windows limitations are not affecting Atari software...

> I posted a bug of aranym producing stackdumps everytime at
> exit for example

I believe I have fixed that in CVS already (it was an interesting STL C
++ related bug).

> others claim it doesnt work at all.

(Un)fortunately there is just one such 'others' and I am dealing with it
right now.

Petr