Re: [MiNT] Install,was:All changes?

Nenad Kovacevic, 21.03.2013 17:20:50:

outdated, whether or not I used Aranym. I think to update the guide you
would need more than just one person describing what worked for him. To

But someone has to make a start ..

make the guide really good, it would have to be verified and tested and
updated by more folks, ideally on different Atari configurations. I think
good documentation would make the whole system (FreeMiNT included) more
appealing to newcomers to the area.

True.

In regards to my HostFS problem, maybe somebody with a similar setup
(Aranym on Linux) could try to validate/disprove something? When I would
ask rpm to install something from a HostFS aranym "disk", I would get this:

read failed: Success (0)
error: <package_name> cannot be installed

Guess it's something with user-rights. I also use an ext2-image so I don't know.

RPM would refuse to work in a similar way if the physical part of U:\
resided on HostFS. The host disk was formatted to ext2.

To make it work, I had to switch to a single partition mount image (
http://wiki.aranym.org/manual#single_partition_mount) and ensure that the
package I am installing is also on it.

I'm also doing it that way.

Helmut, thanks for your response. I hope I am not being annoying. Just
trying to help.

No, there's so little external contribution - everybody keeps their knowledge private once it works ;)

Of course an automated install would rule, but no one does it I guess.

You mean like EasyMiNT?

Don't know EasyMiNT, I rather have something like the cygwin-setup in mind.

--
Helmut Karlowski